PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 21:35
Coffin Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by antonov09
Flybe are at the same thing aswell. In fact I met one the other day that was going through Cabair. No flight instructing just straight out of flight school into a shiny Dash 8 on a 5/2 5/2 6/3 I was informed. So why cant the guy bobbling around in his Trilander or doing air taxi get a job with Flybe? Because they rather pluck the lemmings from Cabair FTE and Oxford instead. And lets face it type rating paid for but poor roster and the pay isnt great either.

All very well for you to throw stones sitting pretty in your Embraer out of EGHI.

Glass houses.
antonov

You talk nonsense, the reason being is this: Flybe have always had a stream of sponsored cadets from FTE etc. Your normal fATPL, instructor, harrier pilot, air taxi, charter pilot etc etc etc have always been employed as well. When the recession hit they obviously shut up shop to the masses because their intake of sponsored (note here, sponsored) cadets was enough to see them through without them actually having to open recruitment up to the masses. Flybe will recruit again in the future as and when they have to, but you can still blame the 200hr sky gods if they don't recruit for a while; the reason being? Most Flybe pilots used to move on to Easyjet, Thomson, Thomas Cook, BA etc, that avenue is now closed (apart from BA) due to these very people. It's a viscous circle I'm afraid, and before you slate Flybe just remember they are one of the only decent, traditional employers left out there.

Last edited by Coffin Corner; 23rd Feb 2012 at 09:20.