PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIG Announcement coming from QF?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 20:08
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikk13, not a pretty picture. Now retired I like to do a little charity work, and set out to do Meals On Wheels, on a weekly run. This is really soul destroying as I meet pensioners who share meat trays, rather feed their cat then themselves, who have worked hard all their lives, have meague savings, if any at all, will not use any power, because simply frightened of the power bills, so I am confronted with turned off fridges, kero lamps, or even worse, candles. Their rents simply take up most of their pension, and have little or none left over. These people are not gamblers, or alcoholics, they have been the backbone of the country, worked all their lives, brought up their kids, and more often than not still try to help their kids, good decent moral people, and in a rich country like this their plight is a disgrace. No plasmas, mobiles, houses, fridges, for them, not like the illegals, just a day to day struggle. Like many of the other blokes that do this run, we find ourselves fixing things that the low landlords will not fix, taking them to the doctors, and doing a myriad of other little jobs just to make life bearable for them, we enjoy it, but the whole thing is a blight on this country and a eye opener for the more privileged.