PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2012, 20:32
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well studi, barely a year ago you said:
The problem at hand is not a 200h guy in the right seat. In some parts of the world this is the only viable option to create enough pilots, since GA is small and very expensive.

The problem is how such programs are set up!

My company uses 200h FO since decades, but trains them in their own rigid program.
So 200 hour cadets are fine as long as they are trained the way "your company" does it? Ok.

On this thread you said:
Better options?
1. BA Cadetship
2. Some other sponsorships
3. Any European cadetship with AF, DLH, Swiss, if you are prepared to learn a language
4. Military flight training
5. Other smaller airlines like Jet2, Flybe, etc.
6. Ryanair (as much as I hate to say it, but they hire from all kind of backgrounds)

All of them give you nice jet time!
The prime example is administered by CTC and they are one of the three approved schools. CTC does part of the selection and uses the same wings training syllabus. Obviously good enough when it suits your argument, but not when it doesn't.

2. Other airlines such as easyjet, Thomas cook, Monarch, DHL, etc. use CTC for their cadet schemes.

Most of the wannabes on these forums do not want a military career, and for language, cultural or whatever other reasons are fairly unlikely to have a realistic shot at the mainland European airlines that you have cited.

The smaller airlines might consider applicants from a variety of backgrounds but they also take a very significant input from the main training providers.

I know you don't want to hear it. I know you believe it is wrong. I know you have convinced yourself that anybody who says otherwise, is either irresponsible or in cahoots with the aforementioned training schools. Nevertheless, it is the reality. That is why this thread exists.

Can't stand it? May be you should start smoking the stuff you just mentioned
Coffee? Real to surreal!