PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA asks for a R6-billion handout
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 13:24
beechbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JG1 this is not a bail out at all but a recapitilastion in order for the airline to grow in order to expand SAA's network.

Just a little something from the CEO:
" I would like to state, once again, that this is not the case. Our airline does not need a bail out.
I re-iterate that SAA has never been properly capitalised over the past few years, and it is important that our airline is adequately capitalised to support its bold growth strategy for the next five years.
Airlines all across the globe are performing under pressure due to volatile fuel prices, low demand for air travel and increased competition on key routes. The capitalisation of our airline is linked to the growth strategy and fleet programme and is not a bail out."

So as a proud SAA pilot and one that is not ashamed to receive my salary or bonus for that matter that may come my way...get off your high horse, stop slagging something you know nothing about.....and go "bah bah baaaaaaaaaaaaaah" together with the so many sheep that ply these forums and that continually bash SAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!