PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do I park at airports?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2012, 14:52
ifresh21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do I park at airports?

I am flying in the USA.

I know that a lot (most?) FBOs charge a ramp fee if you don't buy fuel. If I just want to stay somewhere for like an hour, do airports have places you can park for free? What if I just want to stop the engine for a moment and stretch my legs - I don't even want to get out for more than like a minute much less go inside?

Is there like transient parking or something?

For example I want to fly to KBDR every FBO (I called) has a ramp fee so do I have to pay a fee no matter what if I am planning on stopping the engine basically? Can I ask ATC for a place to pull over or something for free (lol).

If I want to leave the airport like walk around are the FBOs the only exits to leave the airport (if this is the case then I guess I have to pay if I want to maybe walk even if its 30mins or w.e)

Also, at KBDR as an example, there is a landing fee from an independent business. They usually send you a bill afterwards ( I guess) . But if I am renting a plane, how do I pay? Since I can't pay the fee to an FBO, what do I do? There is another uncontrolled airport i fly to and the school planes they don't charge a fee but what if they did? do they mail it or do I have to stop, get out and pay even if I just want to do a touch and go?

There doesn't seem to be much of a guide for how this stuff works, maybe someone knows of one?

Thanks a lot guys!