PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Has BA Got a Deathwish?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2012, 15:39
airsmiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few days before returning from the USA home to the UK I tried to upgrade using some of my points using the website. Not allowed so the website says and suggested I ring a number. As I'm very deaf that's not a good option for me, so I e-mailed. Response : we'll be in touch within 14 days!

Okay, so I take my chances and try and do the upgrade at Atlanta airport. I can't upgrade using points there either. However the check in guy gives a deal on a cash option (too expensive for me), but then swaps my existing seat so that I'm not sitting next to anyone else.

At the gate, I explain I don't hear announcements so could they give me the nod when it's time to board. Not content with that, they decide to let me board after the First/Business passengers, but ahead of the general boarding.

My point being parts of BA are great but try and raise any form of customer service query, even in Executive Club, and they're generally appalling. I think it's must be because they don't actually have to meet the customer, so they think they can get away with it?