PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL Bahrain
Thread: DHL Bahrain
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2012, 09:10
Nauron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys.. Just an honest advice.. You may share your opinions freely and exchange your experiences about the company or the country.. but you can't/don't understand the complex political and sectarian structures in Bahrain and probably in the whole middle east region. Unless you are an arab or have lived here for long years and mixed up with different types of the locals, which I highly doubt, then the information you have could well be inaccurate or completely wrong. So be careful and more considerate what kind of details you spread around without being absolutely certain!

Regards.
Thank you for that Aviator. I've just about had enough of people spreading that sunni minority-shia majority cr@p. Anybody who lived here will tell you that that's not true.

and there has always been simmering tension below the surface long before the events of earlier this year.
No, there hasn't. Bahrain has always been one of the rare countries where Sunnis and Shia have lived for decades without being differentiated.

Ron,

I can't tell you about DHL, but I can tell you about Bahrain.

First thing is, the situation is MUCH better than it was last Feb and March, BUT it could turn ugly the next couple of days, so stay tuned.

Second thing, don't go straight to expat traps like Amwaj. It's really nice and safe there (it really is like you're in a different country), but you can find other areas with excellent accomodation, cheaper prices, and lots of expats (if that's what you're looking for). A lot of expats I know live in places like Mahooz and Juffair and Saar. As for schools, there aren't many that might be good enough, and those can be pricey. (examples: the school next to amwaj, St. Christopher, and Bahrain School)

Last thing, if the pay is good, and you think you'll be fine here and enjoy it, go for it. Tens of thousands of expats lived here during the last year without any problems. No western expats were harmed with the exception of the Brit who was attacked and robbed in Karranah.

Come here for a week or so, see if it looks good to ya