PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I mad?
Thread: Am I mad?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 16:10
embryonic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chasin the dream.....

Hi trayman ,

I think people will have their own opinions on this one, based on their own personal experiences. Those that have succeeded and have a flying job will say, yeah go ahead , its a long hard commitment but worth the sacrifice and worth the gamble. There are those on the other hand ( trying for years, washed out and will always be chasing the dream) that may advise you to hang on to your hard earned cash as its not worth the hassle and financial burden.

I myself have experienced both sides of the coin. I've spent years chasing the dream, knocking on doors and experienced the lows of unemployment. I've also lived the dream having been 'lucky' enough to land a copilot position on a biz jet. Unfortunately the latter was short lived due to recession and now find myself in the same place I started, unemployed and not a cent to my name. I now find myself on the wrong side of 40 and am unsure of my future flying career.
It certainly isnt for the fainthearted. If you have the funds and are willing to gamble it ,can put down what you can afford to lose ,then go ahead and do it. If not, and you have to borrow from a bank ,then dont.

It certainly has been one hell of a ride and a real life experience.

Pm me at any time.....