PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 07:26
buzz85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preparing for your Cathay Pacific Interview

hmmmm that book was published around 2001 and is rather obsolete if i remember correctly...
The 11th Edition of the book was actually published in 2005 and thats the one I am offering. I realise that this is now 7 years later and I do agree that the company has changed some and the recruitment process has been altered. But obsolete? I disagree. Yes, some portions are out-of-date (fleet size, etc) but the up-to-date information can be accessed via the website.

However, during my preparation I was recommended the book by someone who is currently now on the AE program in Adelaide, and I myself passed the 2nd Stage at the beginning of the month. I found some of the information useful and was asked a few questions in my interview from sections in the book. Obviously every interview is different.

I'm not too concerned about offloading the book, just thought I would put it on offer for anyone who is considering the 1st or 2nd stages and is looking for information that could help them, rather than 190-some pages of a thread that has a lot of arguing and conflicting information. I personally did not find much thread info beneficial for preparing for the interview process.

With that, all the best to applicants and current pilots of CX, and if anyone is interested, PM me.

Cheers