PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I mad?
Thread: Am I mad?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2012, 01:46
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"WhiskyTangoFoxtrott" - I already done my IR, and done first renewal in the sim, which is the affordable renewal, now time and money starts counting.

Next 12 months need to stay current for licence renewal + IR renewal in aircraft with in 12 months. Happy days, if no job before that!

"Trayman" - Your flight school told you worst case scenario you could earn 6k a month as an instructor? (You mean £6000 a month as an instructor?)

I will await your answer, in case you have mistype d something before commenting further!

If that was worst case scenario, holy crap I would be running to get my FI rating! Not sure what school is going to pay that kind of salary as an instructor, but I would be glad to hear!

The flying part will take a little more time, with guys of our age, this I have seen from own experiences, and some of my mates. Than again, I have seen younger guys also spending more time. Instructor salary, will barely give you food on the table, from what I have seen of my mates!

Also comes in some regulations, from passing last ATPL theory exams, you need to complete CPL and IR within 3 years, so you can't postpone things indefinite. After 3 years you have to redo all your ATPL exams again, that would not be something I would ever let happen!

To become an instructor, you need CPL, and most ATPL exams, however you do not need an IR rating.
But to apply for a with airlines / taxi / bizjet job you need to have a valid IR rating and class 1 medical!

Your private life will suffer, friends will get bored with you, wife will want to divorce you, it is a high price to pay, but some of us will do anything for who we love!