PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malev goes bust!
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2012, 21:36
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point....But at least the Hungarian people have the opportunity evry few years to vote for the people they want to run their country and spend their taxes....

If they don't like the way their taxes are spent, they'll vote for different politicians next time....

However, I can't remember the last time they were allowed to vote for the EU Commissioners who dream up these ridiculous rules....

And yes, I know that the Hungarian economy at the moment is a basket case - but I don't really believe the € 300 million handed to Malev ( was it ? ) five years ago is the cause of Hungary's current economic problems....the amount is no more than a thimblefull in the current resevoir of debt that Hungary is struggling to manage....

And yes, you're absolutely right - Hungarians can now fly Lufthansa to Frankfurt, the same as they can also fly Lufthansa to and between Germany,Switzerland, Austria, and Belgium because the same EU Commissioners continue to turn a blind eye to Lufthansa's virtual monoply of these routes....

So just a slight correction to your almost correct statement - Hungarians now will have to fly Lufthansa to Frankfurt which is not exactly a good example of competition is it ??