PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 08:08
Robert G Mugabe

As Martin Luther King said " I had a dream "

I have no sympathy for anyone who signs up for these pipe dreams.

In fact I fly with people who are so desperate to fly that they report when sick. Not any more. I shall offload them on report if I consider them unfit to fly.

A crew member shall not perform duties on an aeroplane if applicable medical requirements are not fulfilled, or if he/she is in any doubt of being able to accomplish his/her assigned duties.Many medications may have adverse effects on the nervous system, which may be more marked in flight than on the ground. As a general rule, if a crew member finds it necessary to take, or has been prescribed some form of medication, his fitness to fly must be suspect, and he should seek medical advice before continuing with flying duties.

Many drugs lower operational efficiency and impair judgement and reaction time. Crew members should be aware that many drugs, their dosage and use, while suitable for family members and passengers may be unsuitable for crew. Commonly prescribed drugs in the following classes may have prolonged effects on performance: