PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 11:22
WhiskyTangoFoxtrott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At my age, my only choice is modular; preferably modular that may get me a job! The (part) sponsored schemes have a better promise of work at the end, but it means taking 18 months out, which I cannot do.

So I've been looking at CTC Takeoff and OAA Weypoint as the next best alternatives.

What I didn't get is that for less money, you get the same bits of paper and opportunity as the integrated route. Now it's reassuring that people on here have had positive experiences in their modular training at CTC, but something has to give for this to make economic sense. Maybe the below quotes from the CTC web site may explain:

SPECIAL OFFER FOR CTC TAKEOFF PILOTS - COMPLETE YOUR ME CPL/IR WITH CTC TAKEOFF AND YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SELECTION FOR OUR SOUGHT AFTER CTC WINGS ATP (Licensed Pilot) DATABASE (subject to meeting the ATP entry requirements
and
The CTC Wings ATP database augments the CTC Wings Cadet hold pool. Pilots on the CTC Wings ATP database will be called up for type ratings when we do not have enough cadets ready and available for type rating.
i.e. You'll get trained well, treated well, but be at the back of the queue in cadet hold pool (if you qualify).

Has anybody on here completed the Takeoff course and been selected for TR via the cadet pool?

Many thanks