PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer gone bust ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2012, 06:05
Luddite aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no agenda towards any flying club in particular it is a difficult market and people are going to go bust.

The agenda I have is with the people who own a group of company's that bankrupt one company having transfered the assets to another company and continue to trade.

The really smart ones try to go for a voluntary striking off, this is how you would end a company if you wanted to shut it and had no debts. The problem is that if the company has been struck off in this way no one can recover any debts and the insolvency service won't pay employees and redundency pay.

The point of my post is to inform those who find themselfs in this position to object to any company going for a voluntary strike off when they owe money.

If they object (to companies house) to any voluntary strike off they then buy themselfs time to get a few people together and take action to at least force the company into insolvency and this way they can at the very minimum get a pay out form the insolvency service, it is not a fortune but if you have paid NI you are entitled to it.

The Old Fat One seems keen to kick anything I say into the long grass, all I am doing is giving to young and aspiring and probably not so worldly wise a few tools to make sure that they get what they are entitled to. This might be uncomfortable for some in business as it will get in the way of some moves they might want to make. Old Fat One what is your agenda?