PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 12th Jan 2012, 23:08
Camelboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck if you want to relocate here to Etihad - you must be really desperate ! For starters, the management just change your working conditions and contracts without warning, there is NO roster stability here at all. We have this new roster request system, which is an absolute disaster. None of us pilots get what we request.

The company also has a very sneeky way of paying overtime, they average it out over 2 months i.e. Jan & Feb, Mar & April etc. This allows
the airline to flog you one month, and then do an average month the next or vice versa, and not pay you any overtime. eg Jan roster 92 hours, Feb roster 55 hours, totalling 147 hours over the 2 month period. Overtime is paid after 150 hours for the 2 month period. Similarly, if you have 2 weeks leave during the month, then they flog you for max hours in the other 2 weeks.

I don't know if you have any children, but the school fees are outrageous here in Abu Dhabi. There has been no increase in the school fee allowance for nearly 4 years, yet the school fees go up almost every year.

Another scham is a thing they call the pay-for-performance review.
This is now how you obtain a payrise. It's just another way of not giving the pilots a decent payrise. Initially the first pilots to join Etihad were on a different contract, and they had their contract changed because the management said it was 'unfair' for pilots to be on different contracts !

Then they bring in this new performance pay review and some pilots received a 2% increase, some a 6% increase and some got no increase at all. Now it seems that it is fair that for pilots to be on different contracts, of course this is after they have reduced the terms and conditions of this initial joiners to Etihad.

You can make up your own mind my friend, but think very seriously before you commit to this outfit. They even bond you when you join - regardless of the fact that you have the type rating already. The bond - $20,000 USD for type rated pilots, and $33,000 USD for non-type rated pilots.

Good luck buddy !