PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Flight LHR - GLA Returned due to both pilots becoming lightheaded and dizzy
Old 9th Jan 2012, 18:41
DavidWoodward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't usually post but I thought you might be interested in the article that my mother found. Unfortunately, she reads the Daily Express which always provides me with a good chuckle when I read the sh*t they write in there.
Anyway, here's the article.

Panic on a BA jet as pilots faint

A BRITISH Airways jet was forced to make an emergency landing after the pilots almost passed out at the controls.
The captain and First Officer reported feeling light-headed as the jet climbed to 20,000ft on its way to Glasgow.
Passengers heard a "panicked" captain call for cabin crew. They gave the pilots oxygen as they requested an emergency return to Heathrow.
The Airbus 321 landed safely but both men told paramedics they had felt as if they were about to pass out.
The incident is being investigated by the Air Accident Investigation Branch.
It was reported by a passenger on a pilots' website.
He said "There were worried faces across tall of the attendants and the next thing an oxygen cylinder and mask were taken forward and we were heading back to Heathrow.
"We landed no problem but were met by a full fire service turn-out. The first on board were paramedics."
Confirming the incident, BA said: "Our pilots are highly trained to deal with such circumstances."