PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2002, 04:27
Wings Of Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colour tests (RAAF)

About two weeks ago I went through the Australian Defence Force Testing for pilot entry into the RAAF and passed all the aptitude tests and was about to be sent to Flight Screening but in the medical I was boarder line between Colour Perception 2 (CP2) and CP3 (you have to be CP2 for DEO Pilot).
The doc said that it would be ok for me to be sent to Flt Screening but some more testing would follow, but after about an hours wait he said that at this stage its no go and you will have to appeal this matter with the guys in Canberra, my application still under consideration.

I have a CASA class one medical which allows me two fly any aircraft daytime or nightime and as a commercial pilot for the last 3 years have never had a problem with anything outside or inside the aircraft day or night, no problem with the colours on the EFIS screens.

I am asking if any Military pilots have had any sort of problem similar to this, or know of anyone who has?.
If the appeal gets the thumbs up then its all ok but I am wondering what my chances are?

All replies welcome thanks,

Wings Of Fury.