PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life as Private Jet cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 11:45
cirrus17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ladyinred- congrats on a new job when the industry is relatively sluggish at the moment. Having worked in the middle east and now currently in the uk as private cc, and previously for a major me airline, I can say that I love being private jet crew.
Yes, you will work exceedingly hard, all the 101 things that "other" people think about when you fly commercial such as cleaning and catering and security and pax loads and baggage etc etc etc will all be down to you. You will sometimes reach your hotel at 3am for a 9am start the next day (flight time limitations seem to be "stretched" in private!), and rather than sleep you have to source milk, canapes, flowers....

But you also get to be in charge of your own plane. You get to call the shots as to how you serve, your orders; you will form a bond with your flight deck that no commercial fa's can achieve- I adore my flight deck more than anything, and love having the time to properly attend to each passenger and crew individually. you can really shine in this industry.

Month on month off is a fabulous roster, and as for being a "servant" in the middle east, as long as you are aware of your conditions before you land there- saudi is very different to dubai for instance- then you should be ok.

My only advice would be to buy a second wallet and keep the business cards of hotels / catering companies / florists etc from wherever you land- you never know when you're suddenly going to land into Timbuktu and need to find stuffed mushrooms......