PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 ton "Big blu"
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 18:40
Lonewolf_50

Received 382 Likes on 236 Posts
500N points out that SAM said ...
Originally Posted by Sam
"These missiles are extremely unstable due to liquid propellant (I wouldn't go within 1000 metres of one..). They are operated by conscripts under duress, who probably haven't a clue what they are doing."
That he did, which got me chortling.
Originally Posted by 500N
I was always under the impression that the Revolutionary Guard operated an autonomous missile command and the Revolutionary Guard were not a bunch of conscripts ?
As was I. Perhaps my intel needs updating, or perhaps "someone"
ought to look more deeply into who does what in Iran's various military organizations.
I also find it hard to believe they would stick conscripts in charge of missiles or anything to do with them.
The Iranians may be "the enemy" for the time being, but they ain't idiots.

Even in professional and generally competent military organizations, cock ups are not that rare. A few years back, the USAF had an incident where incorrectly safed nuc weapons were flown from pt A to pt B, in violation of any number of regs and safeguards. That got a few people fired, a whole lot of press coverage and egg on USAF faces, and a review of "just how we are supposed to handle these very dangerous things" done to find out how to prevent such a cock up.

Our counterparts in the Iranian Armed Forces, be they regular or Rev Guard, are human, and will be as susceptible to various cock ups as anyone, if not moreso in some of the less professional formations.

For all: been very intrigued by the Damage Assessments offered up in the last few pages, tip of the cap to you all. Good food for thought.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 5th Dec 2011 at 14:58.