PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines interview 22nd
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2011, 02:01
aaiguy_fitz_hkfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thought out response AAI. Just goes to show your intelligence is an insult to all at KA, I'm embarrassed to say I work with you.

Staff travel...let's see. We get 4 FOC's at KA and consistently screwed over by CX trying to get on flights, let's not even look at the way Staff Travel treats us.

HKA - 5 FOC's, they can put ANYONE on their list, and not just 1 person! They can jump seat for free on their freighters and ZED fares with a growing list of airlines. As I said previously, guys are regularly commuting, some as far as Germany & Spain...if their staff travel was no good, they wouldn't be doing that.

I last remember when we had freighters at KA we were never allowed near them!

Medical...yeah KA's is just the pinnacle of aviation ain't it? That's why it has been a fight to get the company to get it improved for years. Anyone who is smart enough has some sort of health cover as a back up to the crap the companies offer. Geez, even a mate of mine at CX has the extra cover and it proved to be the smartest thing ever for his family when it really hit the fan.

As for CX's non-repayable loan...try re-wording that to bond / it is repayable if you leave, etc. Stat facts, not twist it.

Let's not forget, Southwest started out the same way and now they they are the highest paid in the US. If HKA want to expand at the rate they want, etc...the package is one of the things that will need to improve.

Have to start somewhere I suppose, and been in there early is better than waiting to see it hit the fan (just ask ex-Ansett guys about that).