PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines interview 22nd
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 14:26
aaiguy_fitz_hkfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't handle these guys anymore.

AAIGUY & HKFOOEY, you should be ashamed of yourselves and now you both want to bring down the name of Dragonair as well, making us all look like schmucks.

It's time you give it up...your posts on this & the other thread are pathetic. To even contemplate saying about an air crash is beyond me.

You say that HKA will put one in...let's look at the facts:

Wasn't it our 320 going into HKT that exceeded all stable approach criteria, descent rates, speeds, etc...finally only getting back to Vapp over the fence?

Wasn't it one of our 330's over the bay on the way to India that nearly lost complete control?

Wasn't it a CX 747 that had no autopilot engaged on approach and was heading towards Lantau?

Be careful what you wish for!

You talk about professionals, yet let's look at your history AAI:

Played the politician at HKE and had one of the senior Flt Ops shoved out (non-Singa too)...You 'can' all the Singaporeans, yet you pushed what you are saying should be your ally?

As for Fooey:

The angriest pilot on Earth! Abuses his own work mates on the DPA forum, what an upstanding work colleague. Any wonder we tagged you as the most obvious person NEVER to get a cmd at KA huh

Let's look at more facts (figures, bits & pieces supplied by a buddy who is at HKA - and yeah I have asked intensely, as I see it as an option to KA...I want a command while I'm still breathing, compared to promises of aircraft coming - anyone seen an order yet for these? & I want a life too):

And before you say it, they have just upgraded the 1st 2 F/O's, yes they have a cmd course in place, this is fact...not dreams & memories of 3-4 yrs ago!

F/O's now take home more in the hand at HKA than at KA
HKA82500 (more than this above 50hrs flying) - KA60-70

Cpts the same
HKA121500 (same as above for > 50hrs flying) - KA100 up

Gratuity at HKA Yr 1 - 50 Yr 2-100 Yr 3 - 150

They also did profit share last year.

OK, so KA gets housing & CEA, that is the big difference. But consider most guys at HKA are commuting home & living in places like Phuket! So they get more than $$$...they get lifestyle and savings on the dollar conversion, living in paradise compared to the pollution that Fooey is always on about.

My buddy has had 15 & 18 days off in the last 2 months - some of the blocks of days off 5, 7, 4 and yes, they can do days off back-to-back from one month to another. We can't!
HKA put in roster requests for days off upto the 6th day of the month prior, we have to do it, what? 3mths? I've forgotten, because I just don't bother anymore, don't get them most of the time and if I ever did, they want me at work with a 6am sign on the day after...thanks.
Holidays 2mths prior, us? a year +...HKA might not get 42 days a year like us, but do you need to when you get rosters with so many days off in blocks anyway?
So we get coin, but we fly 20-22 days a month and work for a GMO that said from the time we sign on at the start of your working week to the end, KA owns our ass and will do what they want with us"...now that's living!

HKA guys & girls fly & overnight in: Moscow (3 days), Maldives (3 days), Bali (24hrs), Bangkok (36hrs)...London & Australia coming in the New Year. Where do we go at KA? Chengdu, Nanjing, etc....min rest overnights, oh breath in that good air!

So AAI & Fooey, don't throw stones, the falling broken glass will get you where it hurts. Now go away, just go away.

OK rant over, please don't see AAIGUY & HKFOOEY as indicative of all pilots at KA, we're not!