PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 13:12
flying ham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie Victor Sierra asks what is the point. Yes one make fun of harryflying for thier initial post and it could be construed that he might be kicking the company while it is down or maybe he is just stirring the pot a bit. Here is my initial post!

I have heard of the near accident by A2-TEN and also understand from those I know in Maun that the pilot then failed to report it to management. Obviously harryflying may not know this. We all know mistakes do happen, so the mistake should not be the focus of this information. Failing to report such a mistake is poor airmanship and a poor attitude toward the job. A real ostrige mentality and the pilot should be taken to task on that alone. Perhaps harryflying is as interested as the rest of us as to what is going on in this company and what their attitudes are all about – four accidents in 3 years prior to this tragic event. I also understand from those same people that this is exactly the kind of attitude that Martin Gresswell (AKD’s pilot) was fighting against in his short role within the company, and apparently losing, with certain pilots and senior management. I say losing becaise I have been told he resigned a week before the accident. Maybe we should all be asking the hard questions and stop worry about injuring sensibilities – I don’t know just my thoughts.