PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/CAA/CASA/ICAO conversion to FAA
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2011, 14:16
geesepudini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA Standalone

I have now more confirmed details...I will be flying an N registered TBM 700 in Instrument Conditions crossing different international borders in Europe for remunaration therefore I need an FAA ATP or FAA Comm with IR endorsed.

1. TBM does not need a type-rating to fly on FAA license but do I need anything else written on my license to fly it? I will be doing an initial factory course for insurance purposes. Do I need to advise the FAA that I did the course to add anything on my license?

2. What is the difference between FAA ATP and FAA COMM?

3. If I understood correctly FAA does not issue a COMM license on a foreign based one so I need to do a stand alone one. What is the process for achieving this? What theory, oral, flight tests are required and what flight training or experience you need to qualify for the tests? Do I need to do a flight test on a TBM or any particular class of aircraft?

4. Do I need a student visa to do this in the US? (I currently hold a tourist visa)

6.) Do I need to do an FAA medical?

7.) Can anybody recommend some schools for organizing these written and flying tests?

8.) What will I need to do in the future to keep both my JAA and FAA licenses valid and current?

I have the below flying experience:

TOTAL FLIGHT TIME: 819.3 HRS (All Piston)

PILOT IN COMMAND TIME: 659.5 (OF WHICH 539.2 HRS ARE INSTRUCTION) (All Piston)

MULTI-ENGINE PISTON TIME: 37.9 HRS

SINGLE ENGINE PISTON TIME: 781.4 HRS