PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 10:06
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Fascinating. Not surprising, but fascinating.

Treating the Govt of the day with contempt is not something he would have taken lightly. I read the hansard deeply and as I said previously there were some clangers in there. He had nothing to lose by saying 'no' - but it strengthens (albeit lightly) the 'workers' case.

As a pilot I can only really speak from my POV. What Irish 1/3 did to FWA by dumping a pilot award in an unschooled persons lap is about to be made fully apparent to some poor schmuck.

What will have been painted out as a simple FWA arbitration ruling is going to place the ruler in the international spotlight.

I doubt they will have any concept of what is their future for the next maybe 12+ months until they start 'arbitrating'.

Any decision they make is going to take them into fatigue risk management legislation in an instant. And they will have the international aeroSPACE community breathing down their necks. Everyone from NASA down.

I doubt the company will 'lose' per se, but gee it will be fascinating to watch. The complexity is nothing short of breathtaking....

And all the while, Virgin made the press today for making a profit!! JB, you are such a loser Qantas does not even think about you anymore - if you are quick, you may just be able to get a foot in the door to buy a few 'long haul' 320's before those genii at Qantas get them all