PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Nov 2011, 05:00
Yawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tankengine, my thoughts:

Joyce working for himself in the short-medium time frame...He is correct, his best short-term outcome is to agree but this would be the wrong long-term option.

Union members acting in the long term interests of the airline [keeping their jobs]...Incorrect, there are many times during the life-cycle of a business where the strategic option is to reduce costs to survive. A company is a thing that should be greater than the assets, marketing, employees and management.

NOT grounding the airline would be better! Agree...but going broke would be much worst.

Yeah-perfect timing, while CHOGM is on and just before Melbourne Cup...All low yield events. Better to upset CHOGM than the high yield corporate clients who are your bread and butter.

Joyce is PAID millions, he is not WORTH them...I have never really liked him..until now. I think he has been masterful.

My final thought for you: I flew the last Ansett flight to return the displaced pilots and FAs back home (as F/O): BNE-SYD-CBR-MEL. All very emotional, lots of hugs and crying. I hope you never have to fly such a flight.

Last edited by Yawn; 4th Nov 2011 at 05:12.