PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Nov 2011, 04:30
Yawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joyce now worth 15m?

I think the Senate Enquiry is very bias against Qantas.

Predominantly, Labour Senators from a Trade Union background driving their own agenda. They are are just upset that THEIR Fair Work legislation could be used in this way. In many ways the questioning and then talking over the answer has been disgraceful.

At the end of the day Joyce represents the owners of the airline and is acting the best long-term interests of the business (his job). The trade unions represent their member’s short-term interests. After listening to the responses of the Senators and the Union Leaders, I don’t think they have the intellect to deal with the complex number of issues facing QF management.

As for the timing of the grounding: The best time to ground from a booking and revenue point of view is Saturday, particularly during a week preceding a short work week. The all-important financial indicator is Revenue-per-departure.

So look at the perfect timing of the two days of grounding:
• Saturday afternoon: low volume, very poor yield
• Sunday morning: low volume, low yield
• Sunday afternoon: high volume, low yield
• Monday (with a public holiday on Tuesday): high volume, low yield

I look at the today’s action like this:
• Joyce outplayed all there (and on PPRUNE) and some don’t like the fact they have been out thought
• Goes to show the enormous complexity of running an airline BUSINESS.
• Asymmetric warfare is usually the play of the small player such as trade unions and freedom fighters. Everyone is upset about a massive company (or one CEO) being courageous enough to implement their own version asymmetric warfare

My final thought:
• Joyce worth 2m plus a promise on Friday 28 October.
• Joyce worth at least 15m on Friday 4 November

BTW, Tony Sheldon’s news conference is just poor and low brow. He just cannot think about complex issues.

Yawn

Last edited by Yawn; 4th Nov 2011 at 05:10.