PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life as Private Jet cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2011, 15:38
aliki777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My opinion, after having been in the vip industry for 3 years as a cabin crew member, is that moneywise of course it's preferable. You can't compare this salary to the salaries of commercial airlines. However, as previously mentioned, there are lots of things that make you sometimes forget that you actually are a cabin crew member and not a personal assistant. First of all you don't have a schedule therefore u can't plan anything in your personal life. You may be one month on and a month off but this is not actually correct (at least in my case...)
The month on could easily be extended due to crew shortage or simply the fact that the aircraft could be somewhere very far from your country and the company would rather extend your duty instead of paying for expensive tickets to send you back home and replace you. Another thing is that you are the one to take care of the aircraft's cleanliness (washing dishes, cleaning cabin and toilets e.t.c.). And the worst for me was the fact that when i was done with the flight, my duty would never end at that moment. Even if i was in my hotel room i would be busy with the catering orders, especially if there was a change in the departure day or time, a constant stress! And that's because you will not always find yourself in places where communication with the local companies is easy... Finally i have to mention that after a while you will have the feeling that the aircraft and the hotel room is your home and you lose track of your real home and life due to the long time absence. Regarding the personal life, well it's up to you... but it's not easy! Of course if you are young, independent and want to travel around the world and gain a lot of money, go for it! However after some years it gets quite tiring. This is all from my personal experience, whatever yor decision is, i wish you the best of luck!!!