PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heikkis' Silhouette Challenge
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 13:32
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah! I see someone has picked up on my clues

It is the Dzialowskich DKD-I (Roman numerals it seems)

Engine Haake (misspelt Reply to LM's comment about challenge aircraft), Year First Flight 1926 (generally speaking quite striking) and country as Karlark pointed out

Stanislav and Brothers Myachislav Dzialovskich after winning his glider "Bydgoszczanka" on the next contest in Gdynia, the summer of 1925 started to build its first aircraft. They were very inspired the relative success of the brothers Gabriel. Stanislav Dzialkovich, who was 9 years old aircraft designer spent repairing and maintaining aircraft, and five years as chief of the flight park in summer school Budgosche. The construction of the aircraft was made ??possible by using a local philanthropist John Krieger, who with his own money bought a German engine Haacke. It was under the engine and built the plane, received the name DKD-I . The fuselage was placed in the courtyard of the designers in Budgosche. A construction of the wings and final assembly - in flight school. The aircraft without an engine weighed just 158 kg, and its cost amounted to PLN 2400.
DKD-I aircraft was flight tested February 1, 1926 Sergeant Muslevskim. plane was considered quite successful, but the pilot shortage as called bad view from the cockpit. After the necessary modifications November 20, 1926 the aircraft took off designer himself. And the plane that was originally conceived as a double was used exclusively as a single. A May 25-27 Dzialovskich made its first flight in Poland coach a sport aircraft - from Budgoschi he flew to Warsaw in Torun (total flight time 2 hours 10 minutes). In Warsaw, the aircraft proved influential people, but during the return flight the plane was broken. On the return flight to Krakow it was renamed the DKD-III.
Karlark has requested an Open House

Last edited by SincoTC; 27th Oct 2011 at 14:38. Reason: Corrected typo