PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COULD you land a passenger jet (if you ONLY hold a PPL)???
Old 18th Oct 2011, 16:33
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciate it!

Do full motion sims that they use for training in airlines represent things accurately in terms of hand flying? As I said before, I didn't really have any issues landing an SSJ manually (although I was not in control of the flaps, reverse, air brakes). In fact it all seemed very familiar after all the flying I have done in MSFS. And also, I didn't have a PPL back then.

So it's still a bit strange to hear that hand-flying you would stand no chance... i.e just because it goes against my experience. Unless of course full motion sims are not the same as real aircraft...

I do however understand anyone in a situation that was described by me above would be under enormous stress from the entire situation and that would amplify how difficult everything is.

But if for example all of you are right about hand flying not being a possibility, then I do think operating the autopilot with help from the ground should make things relatively straight forward until touchdown...