PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - altimeter calibration
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 11:13
gravity32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320Slave
Please let us know when you find one real and verified pilot who will agree with you that a 757 radalt can accurately measure True Altitude, absolute altitude, any altitude... at anything below 20,000 fpm (330 fps) descent rate.
There is a great deal I don't know about aviation and I get some things wrong. I am happy to ask for advice. That is why I am here. But I do not take advice from just anyone.

For instance I would be reluctant to take advice from someone who thought that AA77 would experience an unsurvivable wing load of 10.14g as it pulled out of its dive on approach to the Pentagon. That is what the experts at Pilots for 9/11 Truth are telling the public. Several other people have calculated a wing load of less than 2g. That is very different. I have checked the calculation myself and have found it could be as low as 1.7g depending on the actual course taken. I have informed Rob Balsamo of the error in his calculation but he makes no change to the site and makes no apology to the public for missleading them. That is why I seek advice elsewhere.

Please let me know when you find one real and verified pilot who thinks radalt will not be accurate for a plane at a descent speed of 50 ft per second and levelling to almost level at the last radalt reading, not flying over buildings, not at a steep bank, pitch, or yaw, when only a few feet above the ground.