PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 13th Sep 2011, 13:21
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know heli hourly rate is more than just parts and machine depreciation. Labour, insurance, fuel, margin, pilot's wages etc. Still pretty expensive for what used to be relatively cheap country thanks to exchange rates.

Well, heard that too, on PPRuNe or Bladeslappers, about the conversion. I think it's not just about 'training standards' but more of a protectionist thing.

If I were Australian, I'd tell this bull to ehrm off and go to US, do 200hrs here for the price of 100 in Australia, then drop in to NZ to do CPL training as required and to meet NZ CAA reqs for CPL, then CASA can tell big, sweet NADA to NZ CPL holder. OR, simply do CPL module in Australia, whatever it's called, the CPL part, if that's feasible.

Anyway, I won't go to NZ or Australia (subject to no jobs etc) with much less than 300hrs rotary, so this won't scare me. True, getting job, even fresh FI in Australia and being foreigner, is another story..