PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 18:35
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ RISK & Capt Weird

I understand that MPL currently applies to A320, but, you can apply the changes to the last bit of the training Phase of the MPL to meet the Type Rating for ANY jet, Fly Dubai had a visit to our academy long time back, as per Mr Peters, I can't say anything about what Etihad & Emirates what will they be doing to fill their Cockpits, but I know & I am sure about it, Etihad is preparing to accept MPL once they see the outcome of Alpha, that is a confirmed news & I have an email about it from them

In the middle of this Pilot shortage, where airlines in this region are feeling/noticing it badly...I guess all experienced pilots will go for well paying airlines & run away from Air Arabia, Al Jazeera & all these small airlines (comparatively) thus, giving us more space, still, we are in a flexible ground, maybe alpha won't need to line train the MPLers out & keep them for Air Arabia...

The Pilot Training Business is rolling now, trust me, if an airline comes with a suggession to Alpha to train MPLer for another type of aircraft, they will come out with it

As for the line training, I have been asked to submit copies of some of my training documents to Air Arabia to arrange for us the line training, guess Sept is a date as far as I know, we will start observing flights 8 sectors or so, then PNF for 8 sectors, then PF, as far as I heard from here & there, but what I know & have seen, Air Arabia has one of the best line training Syllabus in the region

Hope that I can update you soon, when/where ever possible !!!

Thanks for the trust

Oh, BTW, Fly Dubai will be taking the Emirates Emarati cadets for a couple of hours before they are released to Emirates, plus, Emirates Aviation College has opened its flight training to non-Emaratis for 600,000 AED, here's the link !

Emirates Aviation College - Training Courses

Guess what...600,000 AED they call it Ab-Initio, but don't really mention ANYTHING about type rating or about the later stages, but it mentions in the FAQs that there are no Job Guarantees with Emirates, Fly Dubai or any other airline !!! Thanks for making life easier for Mr. Peters & Alpha

Last edited by malirm; 26th Aug 2011 at 02:45.