PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 21:23
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ All

Guys, I used the word Congested, as I really mean it, you are talking about over 60 SOs in one airline!!! the reason for talking to other airlines is that our Head Of Training (HOT) (one of the greatest Captains I have ever met), doesn't want anyone to wait or get delayed, we are talking about a week to 2 weeks off between each training phases (nowadays), not like what happened to us, stayed 7 months at home after ground school, then another 2 months after flying, then another 3 months after MCC...this is now HISTORY, and in order for Alpha to keep its word and not do the same mistake that it did with us (Air Arabia were a little concerned about how the training flows), they are suggesting that SOME of the batches (Late batched) could line train with A320 operators & then come back to Air Arabia as FOs the latest is that Fly Dubai has reduced its requirements for hiring Pilots, will or has already opened their Cadet Pilot Program AND Etihad's Terminal 3 is already small for the Airline, away from Qatar Airways & Emirates !!!

Guess what...I heard it on Sunday, A great pilot shortage is expected in the coming few months with the A320, 737 & 787 deliveries in the region...I was discussing it with a couple of Captains & FOs here & there, it is really strange to realise that now

Talking about Scary, well, its true, from the time I decided to get into Pilot training, it was all about RISK, but I weighed CPL/IR + a Type Rating & Flight time on A320 with MPL, I say MPL will have better chances nowadays...especially if we (the first batches) do good

RISK, to be honest, most probably with that Pilot shortage, I guess a fresh CPL/IR graduate will be getting a job on Jets

Please guys don't think I am marketing for Alpha or Air Arabia, I am just providing you with what I believe & what I experienced & heard