PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Helicopter Lesson in USA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 01:55
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a school in the Northeast where I have personal experience as a student. Probably cheaper than some and more expensive than others. My experience there was positive in all respects (as long as you dont mind flying Robbies ).

Helicopter Flight School - Photo Flights - Robinson Helicopter Dealer - Nashua, NH - Boston

Here is another school in the Northeast where I have lots of experience. Train in Enstrom and Bell helicopters. Not cheap but very good! Especially appropriate for turbine training in case that what you have in mind.

Sharkey's Helicopters, Inc.

Hourly rates are posted on each web site.

Addendum 23 Aug: Had luch at Sharkey's today with several highly experienced pilots and engineers/mechanics - great learning experience, and best of all, lobster rolls were on the menu with fresh lobster just flown in from Maine. So, the dollar amount for rental is not cheap, but as they say, the experience is priceless.

If you do elect to train at CR Helicopters, contact me by PM and I will see if I can do some time with you in my B407 (based at the same airport). October comes with a spectacular display of fall colors - the best time to be in New England. And, Boston is close by with lots to do when you are not flying.

Last edited by EN48; 23rd Aug 2011 at 18:37.