PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2011, 22:14
xcitation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stall, whats that? Round 2.

@takata,

I don't understand your comment "conspiracy theory" etc. Let's stick to the data and refrain from presumptions and personal accusations.

I am trying to understand why they ignored the stall warnings. I leave the blame game to others.

Here are the data points:
  1. On first stall warning they say "What is that?". You state a better translation of the meaning is "What a surprise, probably just a blip".
  2. The pilots talk like school boys arguing over a bicycle, hardly consistant with the grave situation of master warning and stalls.
  3. Not once does any pilot say the word "Stall" or "Décrochage" in 4 minutes of blaring stall alarms and master warning.
  4. Not once do any of them call for any procedures.
  5. Not once do they consistently respond to the stall with a strong nose down or even change what they are doing.
  6. No regular call outs.
Can you forgive me for joining the 6 points that are all consistant with the pilots not understanding "Stall". Do you have any data points that convince you that they did understand "Stall"?
The pilots are with the flag carrier, i.e. "gold standard" pilots. Here is the big question: if they thought stall was false then why would they not articulate that?
I am the first to admit that I am a fool, but hopefully a fool can learn.

These kind of mistakes happen all the time. Contracts get made in Europe with mil. meaning 1000's in french but in english that means millions - fail. The hubble telescope was designed in euro cm's but was built in USA inches - fail. Sorry but sometimes the obvious mistakes happen to those most qualified. I subscribe to the mess up theory, not the conspiracy.