PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 04:28
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation @Marlim

Thanks Marlim,

I have spoken to Mr. Peter at AAA, but you know how it is when you really want to sell a product. Therefore, I asked the questions here. Once again, thanks for the answers. I reckon your input on this thread has been the most valuable.

Just to give you an brief overview; I currently am in the aviation world with a job that pays much more than a FO, but like with all 'wannabe' pilots, I aspire of being behind those PFD(s) & ND(s) rather than this computer screen.

So my dilemma is, should I at this age (close to 30) with such a ‘comfy & well paying’ job & a million responsibilities, give everything up & sign my life up to AAA or not. You see, I can’t make a wrong decision here as it will mean the end of me. With the current world situation, getting my current job back is IMPOSSIBLE in case flying didn’t work out.

Nonetheless, I will watch how the first batch fares & decide thereafter. For now, I have two more questions if you possibly can answer:

//1// Is the line training in the contract? I see you mentioned it is per law, but with the way ‘law’ changes in this country I would rather have it in my contract than on a legislative paper.

//2// When do you reckon will the first batch complete its line training? This is to know how long before I know I can make a decision of my life.

Thanks Marlim & Godspeed!