PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary Jobs
Thread: Rotary Jobs
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 10:28
ec155mech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm reading through this thread it seems to me that alot of people think that the world owes them a job, now that they spent all that money becoming a pilot.

its a matter of supply and demand as many people have said already. and in the industry it is a matter of knowing someone who knows someone. half the job in aviation is about networking. be it in the maint department ( where I work right now ) or in OPS ( where I also hope to work in a short while ) fact is. it is a tough industry to get into. and I am guessing you who decided to pursuit your dreams, did bother to do a little bit of research before you put your life savings into this.

I think it is wrong for people to discourage young people with the same dream that we all had, to pursuit theirs like we did ourselves.

Yes it is a good idea to let people know how it really is. but to tell them directly to abandon their dreams is just wrong.

in regards to being an unemployed pilot. there are plenty of jobs out there. and to limit your options and not pursue a second education is ( and I know I will get loads of bullocks for this ) stupid

my point is. we shouldnt sugarcoat things. or blow them out of proportion. but instead of chopping peoples hopes and dreams down in one blow. advise them to have a plan b and c. the world doesnt owe us anything. and thinking it does is naive and ignorant. and getting a job is sometimes a matter of being at the right place at the right time.