PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 19:17
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Mr. Yannisfr

With all of my respect , I want to clarify one thing, in MPL, there is no guaranteed JOB, you have a guaranteed line training, Getting a Job will depend upon your performance, NOT who joined first. The Clark MPLers (7) took all that time as they converted their MPL to GCAA MPL, then, Air Arabia had to provide a MPL Line training Syllabus to get it Certified by the GCAA, thats about 2.5 months at least...then they joined the Line Training with the other CPL/IR trainees...etc.

Air Arabia Currently has 18 TRI/Es & I heard that they are upgrading more Captains, the nice thing in MPL is that, you'll need less line training sectors online than a normal CPL/IR cadet...thus giving way to others, you can ask some of the Air Arabia Junior FOs how much it took them to finish the line training...non of them will have the same number of sectors or hours...it is strictly a Performance related process...if you are good enough, you are released with the Minimum required Sectors, if not & you have the Potential, you'll need more sectors...etc.One thing I have to mention here...not all the guys who get the SO position make it through to the FO position...so, you must have an extra Buffer for Failures too !

The GCAA requires Line training for the MPL cadets from the Partner Airline & by law, its a MPLers right to have the Line Training, NOT a JOB...unless you are a risk to Civil Aviation Safety, e.g. you just FREEZE on EVERY go-around !

Last edited by malirm; 29th Jun 2011 at 13:52.