PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slow network file transfer between Windows 7 and XP
Old 21st Jun 2011, 09:46
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to SD

Saab, I suspect the you have already answered your own question - Re the TCP/IP Stack question. I'm not sure if the problem is symetrical ? Have you had the chance to try W7 to W7 or XP to XP transfers: as well as W7 to XP and vi ser versa.

I do not know about your Network Topology. Are the MTU Values optmised ?
Is there an anti Virus checking the packets on either or both PC's.

Have microsoft made changes in W7, re the packet handeling - Re member the brooha over "Raw sockets" as to whether the packet addres data and the packet contents were handeled, is there a bottleneck in the packet protocols.

On a more benign level - I had "Great fun" with a Belkin PC Network Card - In the advanced Network settings in XP - There was a power mizer function and it took several seconds for the card to reach its full data through put.

Just a few snippits fron the totally uninitiated.

CAT III

PS Saab there's an article on the web site of a "Well Known Mag" re the long term performance of W7 64 Bit - Think of a Spherical lump of the Stuff that Bees make.- I have not read it yet but wil do - It might provide some ideas