PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 the big flaw of the UNRELIABLE SPEED/ADR CHECK procedure
Old 7th Jun 2011, 17:13
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the other flaw is

what the heck is "if safe conduct of the flight is affected"

In my opinion, every time you have an unreliable speed safety is inherently affected. For all you know, you could be on the verge of stall, or overspeed, or a spiral dive or whatever.

If you have unreliable speed at 390, in turbulence at night with hail hitting the windshield, your body giving you all kind of misleading inputs to your brain... Is the safe conduct of the flight affected? I would say "yes it is" so i would have to take over manually and set pitch at 5º and CLB thrust? I don't think so...

They have to enhance the procedure (maybe including more "emergency" pitch-thrust settings: for high level climb, cruise or descend. These are on the tables but not on the memory items.

They can also develop a tool to give inertial V/S in the MCDU (altitude is secondary. V/S is what we need)

Then we can always level off.

One last thought:
What if the Air France 330 was in overspeed, or even well beyond it and when AP disconnected they set 5º up all of a sudden? let's say a 4º increment in pitch at that level and that speed. This could explain the pitch up input.