PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hangovers worse with age?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2011, 02:39
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
I've been looking for some answer to an odd illness for years now. Following a vicious anaphylactic reaction to something at age 62ish, I then descended into felling crap until mid day the next day for some years.

Nothing too bad mind, just not wanting to paint the house.

Anaphylaxis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, having gone through all kinds of investigations, I'm pretty sure I can't have anything with wheat in it, or even touch washing-up liquid type soap.

So, it might be the stuff they spray on wheat that's causing the problem.

Shortly after getting home last summer, I went to the local and had a pint of real ale. It felt like acid running through my veins. If I'd been in the UK more, I'd have pushed for more details, but nothing was found in multiple blood tests. The doc - half my age - said most of my bits were working better than his. However, I'm in the land of million $ per month medicine, so I just don't touch anything but girly soap, and don't touch anything that's even related to wheat. Most days I feel fine...in fact, better than I've done for years.

The point about this is think laterally. Don't assume one thing is getting you. You should start the day feeling just as you did at 30, if not younger. If you don't, something is wrong, and the stuff in the food and the even very air of this modern world has a lot to answer for.

BTW, I drink about 60% of a bottle of wine every evening. I have noticed drinking cheap wine does tally with feeling not too good the next day. A reasonable wine, has little or no effect at these quantities.

Giggle Dr Nose, for the $1,000,000 per month medicine man.