PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2011, 17:24
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
jcjeant and bearfoil,

Interim Reports are, as I understand it, an attempt to supply information on known facts; not to indulge in theories. We can do the latter because we owe no responsibility to anyone except ourselves. The BEA does not have that luxury.

In their analysis of previous instances of unreliable airspeed indications, they discuss the instances of stall warnings (and criteria for same) at some length.

On a slightly different note: I subscribe to the theory that, if anything goes less than well in any human activity, it's generally due to what we Brits call "cock-up" (a shooting term) rather than conspiracy. I refer, of course, to the investigation; not the accident.

Granted that a lot is at stake here: not only for Airbus, Air France and the BEA. We will continue to try and keep them all on their toes, directly or indirectly. As for my own meagre (and sometimes flawed) contributions: my previous years of posts frequently include fundamental criticisms of Airbus design, as CONF_iture can tell you.

PS (Edit)

bearfoil, quote:
"Of course. LKP was the beginning of the problem, and the airbus cannot fall straight down, nor can it lose bits, so "we" plan accordingly, and perhaps reject preliminarily some critical data."

That's quite an accusation. I think you should tell us what data you are referring to.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 27th Apr 2011 at 17:49.