PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 03:09
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Svarin
Gentlemen,

it is obviously difficult for most internet-age people to read beyond a few lines of text with any effectiveness
With all due respect, I don't think this is really fair. All of us have been generous with our time and contributed what expertise we have in order that we may collectively understand what happened here.

Naturally, we will all tend to focus on different aspects and different phases of this disaster - depending on our area of special interest or expertise. When all you have is a hammer......

Clearly you have detailed understanding of the flight control systems and the ACARS stuff - areas that are pretty much meaningless to me. Others have displayed very detailed understanding of radio capabilities and satellites. It is not that I am disagreeing with any of these people, or not bothering to read their posts (interesting even if beyond my understanding). I am simply talking about something different.

So I am not disputing your proposed explanation - I can't. Rather, I am proposing that there are likely to have been additional significant human nature issues prior to the upset, and that these may have played a contributory role.

The fact that this scenario has never happened previously despite many hundreds of thousands of operation of this model aircraft, and the fact that we still don't really know what has happened despite thousands of posts and countless thousands of hours of speculation means that the exact sequence of events is likely to be complex and non-intuitive. There is likely to be a complex interplay of factors (aircraft and personnel) that combined on this particular occasion to produce a unique outcome.

Please, this is not a pissing contest. Nor should it be seen as an opportunity to denigrate others. Surely that is disrespectful to those that lost their lives, as well as to those here seeking to advance our collective knowledge. When (if) we know all, then it may appear to have been somewhat arrogant or naive to believe that there was one single factor (to the exclusion of everything else) responsible here.