PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 13:12
cTcPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you even want to work for ryanair ?
You should be happy you are not working for them
Do you actually understand how that airline work's and treat's it's staff? Its a scam in my opinion!

I have a few freind's that work for FR, all lovely guys, but hate the flying, SOP's and there work contract's.

Anyways, man up and get a job as ground crew or a flight ops assistant, prove to that airline and the management pilots (who you will bump into on a daily basis) that you are the right stuff.
People who just send CV's off are not the kind of pilots I would want to share a cockpit with.
Get a job in the airline where you will bump into management, pilots on a daily basis, even if its the office cleaner for 6 months! You need contacts.

For your own sake, dont pay for a type rating. Just get your foot in the door somehow of any airline or charter AOC holder company.

Apply for a crew to airside DHL mini bus drivers job for example, mate just chin up and you will get a job but you neeed to start at the bottom.
I personnaly would not recruit a low hours pilot on an aircraft of the 737 weight category. You need a few years on old turboprops, that will put hairs on your chest or some single pilot IFR work.

Of course, failing the above you can just pay for a job and end up 5 years down the line with an emergency and no hand flying skills what so ever!