PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 12:38
flyvirgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will I ever get a break?

I finished all my initial flight training in October 2010, having applied to every airline that I can possibly think of, I still sit here without a flying job,

it’s driving me mad.

I was lucky enough to have an interview with Ryanair in January, I put alot of time, money and effort into this interview, (in fact I put everything into this interview) on the day I walked out the assessment centre feeling confident that I might have just clinched my first flying job,

The technical interview went very well, and so did the sim (well that’s my opinion).

Four days later I got the dreaded email saying I have been unsuccessful, this had knocked my confidence for six,

what did I do wrong?

Ryanair would have been the perfect start for me,I would have worked so hard for them,

It’s hard because my flying buddies are getting into Ryanair by the day, its getting to the point I’m feeling sick about it, what did I do that was so wrong, (I’m starting to sound like a big baby now)

So what now?

Maybe you guys can help me out? As the days, weeks,months go by, I can see myself getting more and more rusty by the day, my knowledge is deteriorating, my flying skills must be suffering.

(how can I keep on top of the ATPL knowledge-any tips)

I have worked far too hard just to give up on my dream, if I do I’ll be letting myself friends and family down,

I have came to the conclusion that I am going to have to pay for a type rating, don’t get me wrong I don’t have the money for this, I’m going to have to beg the bank manager,

Do you think this will be a good idea? I see it as an investment for my future career,

Another route I could take is an instructor rating, I have thought long and hard about this. I think I would make a good instructor, but if I put my hand on my heart, my aim has always been commercial flying,

I know there are thousands of people that are in my situation and I feel for every single person,

It just seems whatever I do, Someone erects a big double blocked brick wall in front of me.

Please feel free to share your experiences and any feedback will be much appreciated and will be taken on board,

PM’S are always welcome.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 23rd Apr 2011 at 19:39.