PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan airlines 330/340
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2011, 05:56
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the Air China comment above. I work for one of the small carriers in the Hainan Group, and I have drank a couple beers in the Crown Plaza where the AC guys stay in Beijing. Everything we do at Capitol piggybacks onto Hainan Airlines. At Hainan Air you won't even be SEE a Crown Plaza, as you will be staying at a total dump at the airport. You will have to take a taxi to the Crown Plaza, where you can then enjoy a cold one with the Air China guys, and envy where they get to stay.

I don't know about AC's line training, but Hainan requires a minimum of 300 hours of line training for foreign captains. You read that right - 300 hours.

I would avoid anything having to do with Hainan Airlines or its subsidiaries, including Beijing Capitol Airlines and Tianjin Airlines.

I am writing this in a hotel in downtown Kunming. I pay for my own hotel here as I spend 5 full days a week of base in Kunming, and the dump they put us in here isn't even heated or air conditioned. I couldn't take it anymore so I pay for my own hotel.