PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please Help.... Security Officer with baa
Old 8th Apr 2011, 17:35
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlike carousel, I believe that the public deserve the very best protection that can be provided. Entrance tests that "are not designed to stretch the grey matter too much" are an example of a system created to employ people who are little more than bottom feeders. It certainly backs up opinion that intelligence, ability and aptitude are irrelevant. carousel also goes on to prove this by describing the people who pay his wages as a "pain." Matey - get real, no passengers, no job! But it does reinforce my opinion that security at UK airports is little more than a farce. Therefore, quite reasonably I treat the systems operatives, proponents and adherents with appropriate contempt.

And yes, in reality even Piltdown might even be earning less than you... So? But you lovely people will quite happily give me an aeroplane as long as I'm not a naughty boy. Yes, I stick to the (ridiculous) DFT requirements but also make sure that I say nothing to any security goon so I can't be accused of anything. Anyway, I don't have to bypass the system. All I need is a knocked off bit of plastic (like the one I use now maybe?), a few gold rings and off we go. So who has won? If your job is to make the place safer by following the rules you have lost because I have the plane with no real checking made on my presence whatsoever! That is not security.

I'll admit I can't stand security people. Virtually every single one gets my goat. The job they do is little more than pointless and its effect is negligible. But it does keep the unemployable off the unemployment records. With the simple entrance tests you could say that it's a form of "care in the community." But it does keep the travelling public happy. Unfortunately, they believe the "strict rules" give them some form of protection. Oh dear! The reality is, only when we have proper profiling and security protocols will the UK security system have any validity. Come the next atrocity, which the current bunch of nitwits enable by letting the perpetrators through, will that actually be put in place? I doubt it. Instead we'll all be double or triple checked, maybe even with X-Rays and maybe even microwaves.

Finally, I just wonder how many Ryanair second officers carousel has let past recently?

PM

Last edited by Piltdown Man; 9th Apr 2011 at 09:15. Reason: Missed sentence