PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Policy is not law – AAT buckets CASA decision
Old 5th Apr 2011, 06:04
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Semantics, pedantics.....

Glad I mentioned photography and commerce because it has opened up some vigorous and interesting commentary...all good.

As a PPL/criminal/photographer.. of a crime that does not meet the Government standards for what constitutes a crime, has no safety case, but to CASA what does that matter... I'll move on.
And see what I can do from the legal perspective.

HERE's another prime example of the stupidy of the application of "commerce" as a crime.... and the outcome for GA.
During the Dry season the local electrician loads all his tools, cables and light bulbs into his ute, to drive off to a remote homestead, for a rewiring job. No problem. In his ute, he is carrying his tools of trade and goods for sale. Along the dusty road or at his destination he is NOT stopped by The Dept of Main Roads, charged and fined for going about his normal business... as a highway safety implication.

During the Wet season, since all the roads are impassable, the electrician PPL who also owns a C-172 ( his flying ute) loads all the same material into his Cessna. It has a current MR and he has a valid Medical and Licence, and with all the appropriate maps and charts, fuel and flight plan, wx, he intends to FLY VFR to the job. ALL as the Regs require.

But NO.. a tarmac trawler appears on the scene and he gets busted for
carrying his tools of trade and goods for sale... YOU must have a CPL (at much study and cost ... and he doesnt want a job in airlines)and an (at great expense) an AOC... in order to conduct his NORMAL business.
IE.. being an electrician where the commerce is something that happens AFTER the flight.
Jeezuz ..oh the unsafetiness of it all,! oh, think of the children on the ground,! oh !think of the countryside..the GAFA already littered with broken aeroplanes, busted cameras and smashed light bulbs.

WTF has this got to do with safety.?..NIX..NOUGHT... NOTHING... SFA

What is the implication for GA?... just even less of it.
SO...2 aircraft not operating, no fuel sales, no maintenance services required, no parts sales, no electronic updates/radio sales... need I go on?

No point in carrying on the argument with swh re the Regs, he's obviously a card carrying CASAist. I am the proud holder of Anti -CASAist badge #3. Life Member.

But I will mention fraud... as he did.

THe Australian public do NOT know, (or care?) of the VERY MAJOR FRAUD that is the Regulator. CASA.
Ex Airline jockeys posing as CEOs of a major Govt "department" others in the upper echelons fraudulently posing as "ethical" and of "good conduct".

Hundreds? of employees thru the OLC/LSG/LSD/AGD posing as legal whizzbangs scribbling up "regulations" that they fraudulently claim will benefit safety, and save Oz from falling aeroplanes.
Poorly trained staff arguing with knowlegible people in GA, fraudlently claiming they are right.... except the CASA Manual they are quoting from hasn't been updated since 1992.
And AWIs... "Senior", no less,checking an aeroplane and dont even know what they're looking at, and fraudulently making nonsensical claims, and posing as "experts'
NOW ALL THATS a FRAUD.! A VERY BIG ONE.

THIS FRAUD has cost the Aviation Industry and the taxpayer dearly: a dying GA sector, mega-millions of dollars... and still counting !