PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Policy is not law – AAT buckets CASA decision
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 23:50
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swh;

As a private pilot with a private aeroplane, CASA rolled me when I had no interest in making any money out of flying. My crime was to just be there for them to abuse. My crime was to claim an injustice for a wrong done to me by some mates of a senior CASA identity. My crime was complaining about CASA "loosing" incriminating evidence so it could not be used against their mates. My crime was to politicise the matter. My crime was get to a Commonwealth Ombudsman's recommendations against them. None of these justify being treated as a criminal.

Let me get my position clear here, I am sticking up for a legitimate GA operator (the one at the start of this thread) who was penalised for abiding by the law, but was rolled by a CASA interpretation of the law put into policy.
Perhaps what you and I are at odds with, is the fact that you may well be legally right, but I see CASA as corruptly administering bad laws that they can and do exploit to allow them to do whatever they feel like. I regularly see CASA claim the legal high ground when it was them that made those bad laws in the first place.

I am arguing about the morality and interpretation of the laws.

It would therefor appear we are in agreement on this matter.

I sincerely apologize if I intimated you were a CASA stooge especially if you aren't.

That insult is simply too much.