PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 21:32
The Rents

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay Salaries for Second officers

Hi, just joined the forum, I have never posted before, but do have a little bit of up to date information to share with you guys who are considering the Cathay Cadet Scheme.
The initial salary has just risen by 9% this year, will increase by 3% next year taking OTE to approxamately £40,000 per annum with the inclusion of annual bonus's and allowances. I have just found out from a very reliable source that there is going to be a housing allowance allocated to Second Officers of approx £10,000 per annum.
There are about 40,000 applicants in the pool at the moment looking for sponsorship and it seems that Cathay may be looking to double the intake for Cadets this year.
My experience of Cathay is limited, but I have found them up to press to be an extremely supportive company towards their cadets where opportunities for these young men and women are few and far between.
The Cadet scheme is open to all nationalities and has been since June 2009.
I know that the cost of living is expensive in Hong Kong, but the reality for these cadets is to have no prospect and no money or grasp this chance and have a carear with a first class world leading company and a bright future.
I sincerly hope this helps some of you hopefuls out there make a more informed decision. If any of you guys have interviews, the best of luck, be assured though, you will have to be exceptional to be chosen.